Everyone loves a deal! We can't help ourselves. Just take a look at the online explosion of half off websites like Groupon, Living Social and the like. It must be in our nature. We see 50% off and our eyes light up like flashy concert lighting! I am no different. Both the aforementioned websites are favs of mine (I just wish I would use some of the stuff I've purchased on them).
Well when it comes to vehicle wraps and car wraps, you SHOULD go for the deal, the cheap car wrap. The one with the too-good-to-be-true price. Please do. We don't offer that kind of deal, but business is booming because of it! Every cheap wrap done somewhere else brings us business, so here are 8 reasons you should go with the cheap vehicle wrap provider.
- Bubble, Bubbles, Bubbles. Lots of air bubbles. If you'd like your wrap to be flat like paint, forget about it!
- Wrinkles causing lifting of the wrap material.
- Misaligned and very visible seams. These seams could have been completely avoided altogether.
- Torn material. No 3M, Avery, or Oracal being used here as advertised. Usually just the imported knock-offs.
- Material peeling off vehicle. No time for post-heating, a hit-and-run wrap installation for sure!
- Water damage leads to freezing and cracking of the vinyl.
- Discoloration from overheating and overstretching of the vinyl.
- Improper edge trimming. Not a straight line in sight!
Below is exhibit A for your review. Just one of many vehicles brought to us for removal and rewrapping. The guilty parties shall remain nameless. We thank you again for going with the cheap wrap provider and not us...our business has definitely increased as a result!
All joking aside, we feel bad for the nice folks who now need to have their entire wrap removed and redone. If you'd like to avoid the same, you might want to check out my article on How to Hire a Vehicle Wrap Installer.
Ever have a problem with a cheap wrap job? Are you a Wrap Shop that has experienced the same? I'd love to hear your experiences. Shoot me a comment.